- Day 1 – Istanbul: Arrive in Istanbul and transfer to the hotel. You can arrive at any time today as there are no planned activities until dinner time. Istanbul is Turkey’s largest city, with an estimated population of around 17 million. You will be blown away by the beauty and grandeur of its architecture and history. Welcome dinner. Overnight in Istanbul. (Dinner).
- Day 2 – Istanbul – Selçuk: After breakfast we board a morning fl ight to the city of Izmir, followed by a transfer to the nearby town of Selçuk. We will visit the ancient city of Ephesus, the most visited ruins site in Turkey. Tha facade of the library alone is worth the trip. Walking through the huge amphitheatre will make you want to try out your singing skills. It is still used every year for live concerts and has a defi nite aura surrounding it. After lunch we will visit the home of Virgin Mary, where it is believed she spent her last days. Visit to the Temple of Artemis and Isa Bey Mosque. Overnight in Selçuk. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 3 – Selçuk – Pamukkale: In the morning we drive to Pamukkale where we will visit the amazing travertines (calcium pools) and explore the ruins of the ancient Roman spa town of Hierapolis. This World Heritage-listed site stands as a monument to the wonder of nature. Our tour through Hierapolis includes its very large amphi-theatre and free time to swim in the Cleopatra Antique Pool, where the water allegedly cures almost every ailment known to mankind. Overnight in Pamukkale. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 4 – Dalyan – Fethiye: After breakfast we depart to the river town of Dalyan and enjoy a boat trip to Lake Köyceğiz. We will then visit Turtle Beach, where turtles come every year to lay their eggs, and some mud baths where you can relax in the warm mud and refresh your skin. We will then see the ruins of the Kaunos (tombs) on the Mediterranean coast. Continue our drive towards Fethiye. Night in Fethiye. (Breakfast, Lunch).
- Day 5 – Fethiye: In the morning we will drive to Fethiye and visit coastal Öludeniz (the location for the fi lm Blue Lagoon). In the afternoon you can choose to try tandem paragliding or relax at the beach. Free afternoon and evening. Night in Fethiye. (Breakfast).
- Day 6 – Kaş: In the morning we depart for the seaside town of Kaş, visiting stunning Saklikent Gorge with its built-in waterfalls and spectacular scenery on the way. Free evening. Night in Kaş.(Breakfast, Lunch).
- Day 7 – Kaş – Myra – Çıralı: After breakfast we drive to a nearby town where we will embark on a boat cruise to visit the sunken city of Kekova where you can look through the crystal-clear waters at the ruins below. You will have the opportunity to go for a short swim. After lunch we will depart for Myra (home of the legend of St Nicholas). We then continue on to Çıralı, a laid back little village and a beautiful beach backed by mountains. This area is particularly famous for the Çimera (burning rock), spontaneous fl ames caused by burning methane, that burn from the crevices of the nearby hillside. In ancient times these flames were used as landmarks by which sailors could navigate. Din-
ner and night in Çıralı. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 8 – Çıralı: Free day to explore the charming village of Çıralı. Relax at the beach or walk to the village of Olympos to explore the ruins. We will meet later in the evening to visit the Çimera (burning rock) on Mt Olympos. Night in Çıralı. (Breakfast, Lunch).
- Day 9 – Eğirdir: After breakfast we head inland for the picturesque town of Eğirdir, situated on an inland lake surrounded by mountains. Along the way we will stop in Isparta to sample some of the many rose products that this region is famous for. Dinner and night in Eğirdir. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 10 – Konya – Cappadocia: Today we depart for Cappadocia. Along the way we will stop in Sultan Hanı, the world’s largest Caravan Saray. Our next stop is Konya, the most religious city in Turkey, best known for its devout followers of the Sufi sect of Islam (Whirling Dervish). Here we will visit the Whirling Dervish Museum and the Mevlana Mausoleum. After arriving in Cappadocia and checking into our hotel we will meet again for a Turkish Cultural Show in the evening. Night in Cappadocia. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 11 – Cappadocia: Optional: One-hour hot air balloon fl ight early in the morning. This is one of the highlights of the trip. You will enjoy the unique view from the air of this stunning landscape. Full day tour of Cappadocia, where we will wander through the different valleys, surrounded by cave houses dug by hand in the natural rock formations that form this magical landscape. We will visit Zelve Valley, Paşabağ, the Göreme Open Air Museum, Ortahisar and more of Cappadocia, including a visit to a carpet-weaving centre to learn about the art of Turkish handmade carpets. Night in Cappadocia. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 12 – Cappadocia – Istanbul: Morning tour of Derinkuyu Underground City, extending 8 levels below the ground and carved out of volcanic rock. Enjoy some more of the landscape before heading to Kayseri airport for our fl ight back to Istanbul. Night in Istanbul. (Breakfast, Lunch).
- Day 13 – Istanbul: After breakfast we start the historical tour of the old city of Istanbul, including the Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, Basilica Cistern and the Hippodrome. Dinner and night in Istanbul. (Breakfast, Dinner).
- Day 14 – Istanbul: After breakfast we will visit Topkapı Palace, residence of the Ottoman Sultans for almost four centuries and Istanbul’s must-see attraction. Enjoy a free afternoon of shopping in the 4500 shops of the Grand Bazaar. Farewell dinner. Night in Istanbul. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 15- Istanbul: Free morning. Bus transfer to the airport. Flight home. (Breakfast)
Tour start: 18/05 – Tour end: 01/06
Tour start: 05/06 – Tour end: 19/06
Tour start: 23/06 – Tour end: 07/07
Tour start: 24/07 – Tour end: 07/08
Tour start: 02/09 – Tour end: 16/09
Tour start: 29/09 – Tour end: 13/10
- 14 nights in comfortable hotels
- 14 breakfasts
- 10 lunches
- 9 dinners
- All entrance fees
- Turkish Night Cultural Show in Cappadocia
- 2 boat tours
- 1 domestic flight (Istanbul to Izmir)
- 1 domestic flight (Cappadocia to Istanbul)
- Arrival & Departure airport transfers, if you arrive & depart on tour start & fi nish days (Transfers on other days will be subject to an additional charge.)
- Full transport in air-conditioned, non-smoking bus
- Turkish Registered Professional English speaking tour guide
- International flights
- Tips for driver & tour guide
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Hot Air Balloon flight in Cappadocia – $210
$2700 pp (twin share)
$3050 pp (single)