- Day 1 – Istanbul: Arrive in Istanbul and transfer to the hotel. You can arrive at any time today as there are no planned activities until dinner time. Istanbul is Turkey’s largest city, with an estimated pop- ulation of around 17 million. You will be blown away by the beauty and grandeur of its architecture and history. Welcome dinner. Overnight in Istanbul. (Dinner).
- Day 2 – Gület Cruise: All sailing times are approximate and depend upon weather conditions. Morning fl ight to Antalya. After landing we depart for Demre Harbour. Start sailing to the Pirate Cave and the sunken city of Kekova (this Lycian-Roman archeological site is protected, so only looking!). Next we will reach Simena, a traditional Turkish fi shing village with no car access and a Byzantine/Ottoman castle. Night in Gokkaya Bay. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 3 – Gület Cruise: Departure to Kaş with free time to swim in a nice and quiet bay. Afterwards we will stop in the harbour for lunch and visit this charming fi shing village. Night in Firnaz Bay. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 4 – Gület Cruise: Around sunrise we depart for Butterfl y Valley where we stop (sea conditions permitting) for breakfast and swimming. This natural reserve hosts 136 kinds of diff erent butterfl ies and moths. Our next stop is Ölüdeniz (the Blue Lagoon). Here you will have the option to try out tandem paragliding. Last stop of the day is St. Nicholas Island with its Byzantine ruins. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 5 – Gület Cruise: Departure for Samanlik Bay where we will have time to swim and enjoy lunch. Finally we sail to Fethiye Harbour where we end our cruise. We will visit Fethiye and then travel to Pamuk- kale. Night in Pamukkale. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 6 – Pamukkale – Selçuk: We spend the day in Pamukkale where we will visit the amazing travertines (calcium pools) and explore the ruins of the ancient Roman spa town of Hierapolis. Hierapolis has a very large amphitheatre to wander through and the Cleopatra Thermal Pool which allegedly cures almost every ailment known to mankind. Afternoon drive to the town of Selçuk. Night in Selçuk. (Breakfast, Lunch).
- Day 7 – Selçuk: After breakfast we will visit the home of Virgin Mary, where it is believed she spent her last days, the Selçuk museum and tour the ruins of Ephesus, the most visited ruins site in Turkey. Visit to the Temple of Artemis and Isa Bey Mosque. Overnight in Selçuk. (Breakfast, Lunch).
- Day 8 – Pergamum – Assos: Early start to Bergama, ancient Pergamum, which was ruled by one of Alexander the Great’s generals and then by the Romans. The road up to the Acropolis winds 5km up around a hill that off ers breathtaking views. After lunch we will continue to-wards Assos where you will feel like you have gone back in time in this village of hand-built houses, all made from rocks. A gorgeous harbour setting sees you eating your evening meal in front of a spectacular sunset. Night in Assos. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 9 – Gallipoli – Istanbul: After breakfast we will travel to Çanakkale, which is across the Dardanelles from the Gallipoli battlefi elds. On the way we will stop to visit the city ruins of Troy, made famous by Homer’s tale of the war of Troy. Climb inside the replica wooden Trojan horse and wander through the city walls. Following our tour over the ANZAC battlefi eld area of Gallipoli we head towards Istanbul (5 hrs drive). Night in Istanbul. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 10 – Istanbul: First we will visit Topkapı Palace, residence of the Ottoman Sultans for almost four centuries and Istanbul’s must-see attraction. Our historical tour of Istanbul will include the Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, Basilica Cistern and the Hippodrome. Free afternoon for shopping at the Grand Bazaar. Farewell dinner. Night in Istanbul. (Breakfast, Dinner).
- Day 11 – Istanbul: Free morning. Bus transfer to the airport. Flight home.(Breakfast).
Tour start: 10/07 – Tour end: 20/07
Tour start: 19/08 – Tour end: 29/08
Tour start: 04/09 – Tour end: 14/09
- 7 nights in comfortable hotels
- 3 nights on Gület
- 9 breakfasts
- 8 lunches
- 8 dinners
- All entrance fees
- 1 domestic fl ight (Istanbul to Antalya)
- Arrival & Departure airport transfers, if you arrive & depart on tour start & fi nish days (Transfers on other days will be subject to an additional charge.)
- Full transport in air-conditioned, non-smoking bus
- Turkish Registered Professional English speaking tour guide
- International flights
- Tips for driver & tour guide
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Hot Air Balloon flight in Cappadocia – $210
$ 2300 pp (twin share)
$ 2600 pp (single)