- Day 1 – Istanbul: Arrive in Istanbul and transfer to the hotel. You can arrive at any time today as there are no planned activities until dinner time. Istanbul is Turkey’s largest city, with an estimated population of around 17 million. You will be blown away by the beauty and grandeur of its architecture and history. Welcome dinner. Overnight in Istanbul. (Dinner).
- Day 2 – Istanbul: After breakfast we take a 10 minute walk down to the ferry port to catch the public ferry and enjoy a leisurely cruise down the Bosphorous. The Bosphorus cruise will take you under two major bridges that connect Europe to Asia. We disembark at the last stop for lunch and a walk up a steep hill to see the ruins of a castle and lookout over the Black Sea. Night in Istanbul. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 3 – Istanbul – Gallipoli: In the morning we depart for Gallipoli (approx. 5 hrs drive). After lunch we tour the Gallipoli Battlefi elds. The tour includes: Ari Burnu (fi rst ANZAC landing place), Kabatepe War Museum, Brighton Beach, Beach Cemetery (John Simpson’s Grave), ANZAC Cove, Lone Pine Australian memorial, Johnston’s Jolly (Turkish & Allied trenches & tunnels). Following our tour over the ANZAC battlefi eld area of Gallipoli we will cross over to the Dardanelles and have some free time in Çanakkale. Dinner and night in Çanakkale. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 4 – Troy – Assos: After breakfast we depart for Troy, made famous in Homer’s tale of the war of Troy. Here you can climb inside the replica wooden Trojan horse and wander through the city walls. After Troy we head towards Assos where you will go back in time in this village of hand-built stone houses. Dinner and night in Assos. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 5 – Pergamum – Selçuk: Visit to Bergama, ancient Pergamum, which was ruled by one of Alexander the Great’s Generals and then by the Romans. Here you will see the Acropolis, the Temple, the Library and a vertigo-inducing theatre. After lunch we continue towards the town of Selçuk. Dinner and night in Selçuk. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 6 – Selçuk: In the morning we will visit Ephesus, the most visited ruins site in Turkey. Tha facade of the library alone is worth the trip. Walking through the huge amphitheatre will make you want to try out your singing skills. It is still used every year for live concerts and has a definite aura surrounding it. After lunch we visit the home of Virgin Mary, where it is believed she spent her last days. Visit to the Temple of Artemis and Isa Bey Mosque. Overnight in Selçuk. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 7 – Selçuk – Pamukkale: In the morning we drive to Pamukkale where we will visit the amazing travertines (calcium pools) and explore the ruins of the ancient Roman spa town of Hierapolis. This World Heritage-listed site stands as a monument to the wonder of nature. Our tour through Hierapolis includes its very large amphi-theatre and free time to swim in the Cleopatra Antique Pool, where the water allegedly cures almost every ailment known to mankind. Overnight in Pamukkale.(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 8 – Dalyan – Fethiye:After breakfast we depart to the river town of Dalyan and enjoy a boat trip to Lake Köyceğiz. We will then visit Turtle Beach, where turtles come every year to lay their eggs, and some mud baths where you can relax in the warm mud and refresh your skin. We will then see the ruins of the Kaunos (tombs) on the Mediterranean coast. Continue our drive towards Fethiye. Night in Fethiye. (Breakfast, Lunch).
- Day 9 – Fethiye: In the morning we will visit coastal Öludeniz (the location for the film Blue Lagoon). In the afternoon you can choose to try tandem paragliding or relax at the beach. Free afternoon and evening. Night in Fethiye. (Breakfast).
- Day 10 – Kaş: In the morning we depart for the seaside town of Kaş, visiting stunning Saklikent Gorge with its built-in waterfalls and spectacular scenery on the way. Free evening. Night in Kaş. (Breakfast, Lunch).
- Day 11 – Kaş – Myra – Çıralı: After breakfast we drive to a nearby town where we will embark on a boat cruise to visit the sunken city of Kekova where you can look through the crystal-clear waters at the ruins below. You will have the opportunity to go for a short swim. After lunch we will depart for Myra (home of the legend of St Nicholas). We then continue on to Çıralı, a laid back little village and a beautiful beach backed by mountains. This area is particularly famous for the Çimera (burning rock), spontaneous fl ames caused by burning methane, that burn from the crevices of the nearby hillside. In ancient times these fl ames were used as landmarks by which sailors could navigate. Din- ner and night in Çıralı. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 12 – Çıralı: Free day to explore the charming village of Çıralı. Relax at the beach or walk to the village of Olympos to explore the ruins. We will meet later in the evening to visit the Çimera (burning rock) on Mt Olympos. Night in Çıralı. (Breakfast, Lunch).
- Day 13 – Eğirdir: After breakfast we head inland for the picturesque town of Eğirdir, situated on an inland lake surrounded by mountains. Along the way we will stop in Isparta to sample some of the many rose products that this region is famous for. Dinner and night in Eğirdir. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 14 – Konya – Cappadocia: Today we depart for Cappadocia. Along the way we will stop in Sultan Hanı, the world’s largest Caravan Saray. Our next stop is Konya, the most religious city in Turkey, best known for its devout followers of the Sufi sect of Islam (Whirling Dervish). Here we will visit the Whirling Dervish Museum and the Mevlana Mausoleum. After arriving in Cappadocia and checking into our hotel we will meet again for a Turkish Cultural Show in the evening. Night in Cappadocia. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 15 – Cappadocia Optional: One-hour hot air balloon flight early in the morning. This is one of the highlights of the trip. You will enjoy the unique view from the air of this stunning landscape. Full day tour of Cappadocia, where we will wander through the diff erent valleys, surrounded by cave houses dug by hand in the natural rock formations that form this magical landscape. We will visit Zelve Valley, Paşabağ, the Göreme Open Air Museum, Ortahisar and more of Cappadocia, including a visit to a carpet-weaving centre to learn about the art of Turkish handmade carpets. Night in Cappadocia (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 16 – Cappadocia – Istanbul: Morning tour of Derinkuyu Underground City, extending 8 levels below the ground and carved out of volcanic rock. Enjoy some more of the landscape before heading to Kayseri airport for our fl ight back to Istanbul. Night in Istanbul. (Breakfast, Lunch).
- Day 17 – Istanbul: After breakfast we start the historical tour of the old city of Istanbul, including the Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, Basilica Cistern and the Hippodrome. Dinner and night in Istanbul.(Breakfast, Dinner).
- Day 18 – Istanbul: After breakfast we will visit Topkapı Palace, residence of the Ottoman Sultans for almost four centuries and Istanbul’s must-see attraction. Enjoy a free afternoon of shopping in the 4500 shops of the Grand Bazaar. Farewell dinner. Night in Istanbul. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 19 – Istanbul: Free morning. Bus transfer to the airport. Flight home. (Breakfast).
Tour start: 14/05 – Tour end: 01/06
Tour start: 01/06 – Tour end: 19/06
Tour start: 19/06 – Tour end: 07/07
Tour start: 20/07 – Tour end: 07/08
Tour start: 29/08 – Tour end: 16/09
Tour start: 25/09 – Tour end: 13/10
- 18 nights in comfortable hotels
- 18 breakfasts
- 15 lunches
- 13 dinners
- All entrance fees
- Turkish Night Cultural Show in Cappadocia
- 3 boat tours
- 1 domestic flight (Cappadocia to Istanbul)
- Arrival & Departure airport transfers, if you arrive & depart on tour start & fi nish days (Transfers on other days will be subject to an additional charge.)
- Full transport in air-conditioned, non-smoking bus
- Turkish Registered Professional English speaking tour guide
- International flights
- Tips for driver & tour guide
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Hot Air Balloon flight in Cappadocia – $210
$ 3450 pp (twin share)
$ 3850 pp (single)