- Day 1 – Istanbul: Arrive in Istanbul and transfer to the hotel. You can arrive at any time today as there are no planned activities until dinner time. Istanbul is Turkey’s largest city, with an estimated population of around 17 million. You will be blown away by the beauty and grandeur of its architecture and history. Welcome dinner. Overnight in Istanbul. (Dinner).
- Day 2 – Istanbul: After breakfast we start the historical tour of the old city of Istanbul, including the Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, Basilica Cistern and the Hippodrome. Dinner and night in Istanbul. (Breakfast, Dinner).
- Day 3 – Istanbul – Bursa – Çanakkale: This morning we will depart for Çanakkale. On the way we will stop in ancient Bursa, fi rst capital of the Ottoman Empire. Amongst other things we will visit the famous Green Mosque and the Silk Bazaar. Night in Çanakkale. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 4 – Troy – Gallipoli: After breakfast we depart for Troy, made famous in Homer’s tale of the war of Troy. Here you can climb inside the replica wooden Trojan horse and wander through the city walls. Free afternoon to rest before we leave our hotel to make our way to ANZAC Cove. We spend the night there and wait for the Dawn Service. Night at ANZAC Cove. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 5 – Gallipoli – Selçuk: Our day begins with the ANZAC Day Dawn Service, an event which is guaranteed to leave you feeling very emotional. After the Dawn Service we stop to have a picnic breakfast, then make our way to the Lone Pine site for the Australian memorial service. Please note that this involves a half hour walk up a very steep incline, which includes a portion of uneven ground. After lunch we drive to the town of Selçuk. Night in Selçuk. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 6 – Selçuk: After breakfast we will visit the home of Virgin Mary, where it is believed she spent her last days, the Selçuk museum and tour the ruins of Ephesus, the most visited ruins site in Turkey. Visit to the Temple of Artemis and Isa Bey Mosque. Overnight in Selçuk. (Breakfast, Lunch).
- Day 7 – Pamukkale: In the morning we will drive to Pamukkale where we will visit the amazing travertines (calcium pools) and explore the ruins of the ancient Roman spa town of Hierapolis. Hierapolis has a very large amphitheatre to wander through and the Cleopatra Thermal Pool which allegedly cures almost every ailment known to mankind. Night in Pamukkale. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 8 – Isparta – Eğirdir – Konya: In the morning we will commence our drive towards Konya, the most religious city in Turkey, best known for its devout followers of the Sufi sect of Islam. Along the way we will stop in Isparta to sample some of the many rose products that this region is famous for. After lunch we will head for the pictur- esque town of Eğirdir, situated on an inland lake surrounded by mountains. After arriving in Konya we will visit the Whirling Dervish Museum and Mevlana Mausoleum. It is best to dress conservatively in town. The Dervish Museum is filled with religious relics so women will be asked to wear a head scarf inside. Night in Konya. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 9 – Cappadocia: After breakfast we will head towards Cappadocia. Along the way we will stop in Sultan Hanı, the world’s largest Caravan Saray. After arriving in Cappadocia and checking into our hotel we will meet again for a Turkish Cultural Show in the evening. Night in Cappadocia. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 10 – Cappadocia: Optional: One-hour hot air balloon flight early in the morning. This is one of the highlights of the trip. You will enjoy the unique view from the air of this stunning landcape. Full day tour of Cappadocia, where we will wander through the diff erent valleys, surrounded by cave houses dug by hand in the natural rock formations that form this magical landscape. We will visit Zelve Valley, Paşabağ, the Göreme OpenDay 11 – Cappadocia – Istanbul Morning tour of Derinkuyu Underground City, extending 8 levels below the ground and carved out of volcanic rock. Enjoy some more of the landscape before heading to Kayseri airport for our fl ight back to Istanbul. Night in Istanbul. (Breakfast, Lunch).
- Day 12 – Istanbul: Free morning. Bus transfer to the airport. Flight home. (Breakfast).
Tour start: 21/04 – Tour end: 12/05
- 11 nights in comfortable hotels
- 11 breakfasts
- 9 lunches
- 9 dinners
- All entrance fees
- Turkish Night Cultural Show in Cappadocia
- 1 domestic fl ight (Cappadocia to Istanbul)
- Arrival & Departure airport transfers, if you arrive & depart on tour start & fi nish days (Transfers on other days will be subject to an additional charge.)
- Full transport in air-conditioned, non-smoking bus
- Turkish Registered Professional English speaking tour guide
- International flights
- Tips for driver & tour guide
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Hot Air Balloon flight in Cappadocia – $210
$ 2150 pp (twin share)
$ 2450 pp (single)