Private Pergamon Tour
BERGAMA is the site of the Hellenistic – and later Roman – city of Pergamon, ruled for several centuries by a powerful local dynasty. Excavations were completed here in 1886, but unfortunately much of what was found has since been carted off to Germany. However, the acropolis of Eumenes II remains a major attraction, and there are a host of lesser sights and an old quarter of chaotic charm to detain you for a day or so. The old town lies at the foot of the acropolis, about ten minutes’ walk from the bus station. Its foremost attraction is the Kizil Avlu or “Red Basilica”, a huge edifice on the river not far from the acropolis, originally built as a temple to the Egyptian god Osiris and converted to a basilica by the early Christians, when it was one of the Seven Churches of Asia Minor addressed by St John in the book of Revelation – though sadly it’s now a crumbling ruin with a mosque in one of its towers. The area around the basilica is a jumble of ramshackle buildings, carpet and antique shops, mosques and maze-like streets. South of here along the main street is the Archaeological Museum, which has a large collection of locally unearthed booty, including a statue of Hadrian from the Asclepion, and various busts of figures like Zeus and Socrates.
There’s also a model of the Zeus altar, complete with the Berlin-resident reliefs.
08:00 Departure from Kusadasi/Selcuk/İzmir
10:00 Break on the way (20 minutes)
11:30 Entrance to Ruins of Pergamon, Akropolis
13:00 Depart for Lunch
13:10 – 14:10 Lunch
14:20 – 15:15 Visit of Asklepion
15:15 Depart to from Asklepion
16:15 Break on the way
18:30 – 19:00 Delivery to the hotels
• Transportation with fully A/C private & non-smoking vehicles
• Professional and experienced licensed English speaking guide during the tours
• All local taxes and insurances
• Entrance fees
• Parking fees
• Personal expenses on the tour (Optional)
• Any gratuities for guide & driver (Optional)
• Drinks (Optional)
• Pick up is between 08:00 and 09:00 depending on where there hotel is located.
Please advise us of your pick up location upon booking, or at the latest 48 hours before-hand,
so that we can confirm your pick up time.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.5 KM over uneven and cobblestone
surfaces with inclines
• Due to the nature of this tour, this tour is not recommended for guests using a walker
or wheelchair, or who have difficulties in walking, climbing, or managing steps
• If it is demaned, other languages are available for private group or individual requirement. Please, ask prices for other languages speaking tour guide.
*All Prices are Person
|Departure from||1 Pax||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5-6 Pax||7-9 Pax||10-12 Pax|
|Kuşadası/Selçuk / Izmir||125.00 €||100.00 €||115.00 €||95.00 €||85.00 €||70.00 €||50.00 €|