- Day 1 – Istanbul: Arrive in Istanbul and transfer to the hotel. You can arrive at any time today as there are no planned activities until dinner time. Istanbul is Turkey’s largest city, with an estimated population of around 17 million. You will be blown away by the beauty and grandeur of its architecture and history. Welcome dinner. Overnight in Istanbul. (Dinner).
- Day 2 – Istanbul – Cappadocia: Early morning flight to Kayseri, followed by a 1 hour drive to Cappadocia. Brunch on arrival and visit of the Göreme Open Air Museum, where you will be amazed by the churches cut into the rocks and their amazing frescoes. In the late afternoon we will visit a carpet-weaving centre to learn about the art of Turkish handmade carpets. Check into your hotel and early dinner. Night in Cappadocia. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 3 – Cappadocia: Optional: One-hour hot air balloon fl ight early in the morning. This is one of the highlights of the trip. You will enjoy the unique view from the air of this stunning landscape. Full day tour of Cappadocia, where you can wander through the desert, surrounded on every side by cave houses dug by hand in the natural rock formations that form this magical landscape. This is a place where your imagination can run free. We will visit places such as Paşabağ and Derinkuyu Underground City, extending 8 levels below the ground and carved out of volcanic rock. In the evening we will enjoy dinner, local drinks and a Turkish Cultural Show with a lively dance performance. Night in Cappadocia. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 4 – Cappadocia – Konya – Antalya: Early start towards Antalya. Along the way we will stop at Sultan Hanı, the largest Caravan Saray in the world. Next stop is Konya, where we will have lunch and visit the Whirling Dervish Museum and Mevlana Mausoleum. Konya is the most religious city in Turkey, best known for its devout followers of the Sufi sect of Islam. It is best to dress conservatively in town. The Dervish Museum is fi lled with religious relics so women willbe asked to wear a head scarf inside. Finally we will make our way to Antalya, the largest city on the Mediterranean Coast. The city boasts a wonderfully preserved old city district with beautifully restored Ottoman houses and situated on a Roman era harbour. Night in Antalya. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 5 – Gület Cruise: All sailing times are approximate and depend upon weather conditions. After breakfast we depart for Demre Harbour. Start sailing to the Pirate Cave and the sunken city of Kekova (this Lycian-Roman archeological site is protected, so only looking!). Next we will reach Simena, a traditional Turkish fi shing village with no car access and a Byzantine/Ottoman castle. Night in Gokkaya Bay. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 6 – Gület Cruise: Departure to Kaş with free time to swim in a nice and quiet bay. Afterwards we will stop in the harbour for lunch and visit this charming fi shing village. Night in Firnaz Bay. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 7 – Gület Cruise: Around sunrise we depart for Butterfl y Valley where we stop (sea conditions permitting) for breakfast and swimming. This natural reserve hosts 136 kinds of diff erent butterfl ies and moths. Our next stop is Ölüdeniz (the Blue Lagoon). Here you will have the option to try out tandem paragliding. Last stop of the day is St. Nicholas Island with its Byzantine ruins. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 8 – Gület Cruise: Departure for Samanlik Bay where we will have time to swim and enjoy lunch. Finally we sail to Fethiye Harbour where we end our cruise. We will visit Fethiye and then travel to Pamukkale. Night in Pamukkale. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 9 – Pamukkale – Selçuk: We spend the day in Pamukkale where we will visit the amazing travertines (calcium pools) and explore the ruins of the ancient Roman spa town of Hierapolis. Hierapolis has a very large amphitheatre to wander through and the Cleopatra Thermal Pool which allegedly cures almost every ailment known to mankind. Afternoon drive to the town of Selçuk. Night in Selçuk. (Breakfast, Lunch).
- Day 10 – Selçuk: After breakfast we will visit the home of Virgin Mary, where it is believed she spent her last days, the Selçuk museum and tour the ruins of Ephesus, the most visited ruins site in Turkey. Visit to the Temple of Artemis and Isa Bey Mosque. Overnight in Selçuk. (Breakfast, Lunch).
- Day 11 – Pergamum – Assos: Early start to Bergama, ancient Pergamum, which was ruled by one of Alexander the Great’s generals and then by the Romans. The road up to the Acropolis winds 5km up around a hill that offers breathtaking views. After lunch we will continue towards Assos where you will feel like you have gone back in time in this village of hand-built houses, all made from rocks. A gorgeous harbour setting sees you eating your evening meal in front of a spectacular sunset. Night in Assos. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 12 – Gallipoli – Istanbul: After breakfast we will travel to Çanakkale, which is across the Dardanelles from the Gallipoli battlefi elds. On the way we will stop to visit the city ruins of Troy, made famous by Homer’s tale of the war of Troy. Climb inside the replica wooden Trojan horse and wander through the city walls. Following our tour over the ANZAC battlefi eld area of Gallipoli we head towards Istanbul (5 hrs drive). Night in Istanbul. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 13 – Istanbul: First we will visit Topkapı Palace, residence of the Ottoman Sultans for almost four centuries and Istanbul’s must-see attraction. Our historical tour of Istanbul will include the Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, Basilica Cistern and the Hippodrome. Free afternoon for shopping at the Grand Bazaar. Farewell dinner. Night in Istanbul. (Breakfast, Dinner).
- Day 14 – Istanbul: Free morning. Bus transfer to the airport. Flight home. (Breakfast)
Tour start: 07/07 – Tour end: 20/07
Tour start: 16/08 – Tour end: 29/08
Tour start: 01/09 – Tour end: 14/09
- 10 nights in comfortable hotels
- 3 nights on Gület
- 10 breakfasts
- 9 lunches
- 9 dinners
- All entrance fees
- Turkish Night Cultural Show in Cappadocia
- 1 domestic fl ight (Istanbul to Cappadocia)
- Arrival & Departure airport transfers, if you arrive & depart on tour start & fi nish days (Transfers on other days will be subject to an additional charge.)
- Full transport in air-conditioned, non-smoking bus
- Turkish Registered Professional English speaking tour guide
- International flights
- Tips for driver & tour guide
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Hot Air Balloon flight in Cappadocia – $210
$ 2900 pp (twin share)
$ 3100 pp (single)