- Day 1 – Istanbul: We will meet after breakfast to start our historical tour of the old city of Istanbul, including the Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, Basilica Cistern and the Hippodrome. Dinner and night in Istanbul. (Dinner).
- Day 2 – Istanbul – Bursa – Çanakkale: This morning we will depart for Çanakkale. On the way we will stop in ancient Bursa, first capital of the Ottoman Empire. Amongst other things we will visit the famous Green Mosque and the Silk Bazaar. Night in Çanakkale. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 3 – Troy – Gallipoli: After breakfast we depart for Troy, made famous in Homer’s tale of the war of Troy. Here you can climb inside the replica wooden Trojan horse and wander through the city walls. Free afternoon to rest before we leave our hotel to make our way to ANZAC Cove. We spend the night there and wait for the Dawn Service. Night at ANZAC Cove. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Day 4 – Gallipoli – Istanbul: Our day begins with the ANZAC Day Dawn Service, an event which is guaranteed to leave you feeling very emotional. After the Dawn Service we stop to have a picnic breakfast, then make our way to the Lone Pine site for the Australian memorial service. Please note that this involves a half hour walk up a very steep incline, which includes a portion of uneven ground. After the tour we will drive back to Istanbul. (Breakfast, Lunch).
Tour start: 22/04 – Tour end: 25/04
- 3 nights in comfortable hotels
- 3 breakfasts
- 3 lunches
- 3 dinners
- All entrance fees
- Full transport in air-conditioned, non-smoking bus
- Turkish Registered Professional English speaking tour guide
- International flights
- Tips for driver & tour guide
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Hot Air Balloon flight in Cappadocia – $210
$ 720 pp (twin share)
$ 900 pp (single)